The choir Pressburg Singers was established in March 2004 in Bratislava.The choir practices in the convent of the Capucin brothers and it is divided into several groups based on the age and artistic level of its members. Its repertoire consists of sacral and secular compositions of local and foreign composers of various periods. The founder and conductor of Pressburg Singers is Janka Rychlá. Pressburg Singers performed in the following events:
- in 2004 choir took part in a music festival „Milka Trnina“ in Ivanič –Grad (Croatia) and performed in Bratislava.
- In 2005 performances in Bratislava and other Slovak cities, including a concert within an international opera festival „Zvolenské hry zámocké“. The choir also performed at the International Festival of Sacral Music called „Musica angelica“ in Brandýs nad Labem (the Czech Republic), at the 8th international festival of choirs „Alta Pusteria“ (Italy) and in a famous Karlskirche in the capital of Austria.
- In 2006, beside performing in Slovakia, the choir participated in the festival Alpen-Adria-Advent in Graz (Austria) and in the international festival Musica Sacra in Bratislava (May 2006) where it obtained first place in the category of chamber choirs and second place in the category of children choirs. In 2006, the choir also performed with a famous Slovak tenor singer, Miroslav Dvorský.
- Among the choir´s top achievements in 2007 are the concerts in Luzern (Switzerland), participation at the International Festival of Choirs FSU in Jihlava (the Czech Republik), a choir festival of member states of the Visegrad Group in Warsaw (Poland, October 2007) and the concert tour in Forli and Bologna (Italy, November 2007).
- Pressburg Singers topped off its 2007 music activites with the Advent Concerts, singing with the famous opera soloists of the Slovak National Theatre, Jozef Kundlák and Peter Mikuláš.
In spring 2008 the choir cooperated with the Opera of the Slovak National Theatre in Bratislava on the new production of the opera by M.P.Musorgsky, Boris Godunov and by B. Martinu, The Miracle of Our Lady (autumn 2009).
Janka Rychlá studied pianism on Conservatory in Žilina and choral conducting in the Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts in Bratislava. During her studies she attended a six- month-stay in Paris studying courses of polyphonic music lectured by prof. Philippe Caillard and participated in the well-known Prof. Eric Ericson´s courses of conducting.
After her university studies, she was a conductor and an art director of the Children and Youth Choir of the Slovak Radio from 1985 until 2003. With this choir she succeeded to make recordings of many pieces in Radio, and in a cooperation with the Radio Orchestra, she was representing a culture abroad, performing in various concerts, international festivals and competitions (in France, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc.). She cooperated with Opera DJGT Theatre in Banska Bystrica. She has been participating in a number of courses of conducting in France.
Since July 2003 until 2004 she was working as a chorus master at European Academy of Chorister in Pyrenees, in France. In 1990 she was working as a chorus master of the Slovak Philharmonic Choir. Having experienced a work of pianiste in DJGT Theatre in Banská Bystrica, choirmaster in Slovak Philharmonie in Bratislava, she has cooperated with many of choirs in Slovakia and Czech Republic.
In 2004 she founded Pressburg Singers and since that time she has been working as its art supervisor and conductor, performing on various stages, concerts and international competitions (in Croatia, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Poland and Czech Republic). Among recent successes, the first place and the second place in the different categories within the international competition named Musica Sacra held in 2006 can be mentioned.
Since February 2008 Pressburg Singers has cooperated with the Opera of Slovak National Theatre, participating in pieces of Boris Godunov by Musorgsky and Hry o Márii by Bohuslav Martinu.
|Bob Chilcott||Like a rainbow|
|Zoltän Kodaly||Ave Maria|
|Ivan Hrusovsky||Zahueali chladne vetry|
|Herwig Reiter||0 du lieber Augustin III|
|Alfred Zemanovsky||Travnice z Cicmian|
Additional Concerts Program
|Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy||Laudate pueri Dominum|
|Nikolas Kedroff||Pater noster|
|Mikuläs Schneider Tmavsky||Domine non sum dignus|
|Gioacchino Rossini||La charita|
|Hennan Strategier||Ave Maria|
|Edvard Hagerup Grieg||Ave, maris stella|
|Maurice Durufle||Tota pulchra es|
|Gioacchino Rossini||Ave Maria|
|Bob Chilcott||A Little Jazz Mass|