Sinfonisches Jugendblasorchester Wien
The Vienna Symphonic Brass Music, an institution that would be missed in the cultural and social life and that has a long tradition with successful conductors and Kapellmeisters, is struggling to find new blood for its music bands. To work against this trend, the Symphonic Youth Brass Music Orchestra Vienna was founded by the youth consultant of the Vienna Symphonic Band Association in cooperation with the music schools of the City of Vienna, in order to inspire more youths for brass music. Through projects the youths get to know brass music literature, with which they are seldom confronted with in brass music associations or in music schools.
Despite its short existence, some youths could already be inspired for the fascination of brass music. The first big concert of the orchestra took place in April 2004 in the Wiener Konzerthaus. In the meantime the orchestra performs twice a year in the Konzerthaus in the concert series „Mundstücke“.
These concerts especially feature contemporary Austrian composers.
Through the cooperation with the Austrian Composers’ Association, the orchestra was able to present 14 premieres to the public. In addition, numerous instrumental soloists were invited (Vienna Philharmonics, the RSO Vienna, etc.) to play with the orchestra. Guest orchestras are also invited to take part in the concert series „Mundstücke“ in order to promote the musical exchange among youths and to convey the high quality of the Austrian brass music to the public. Next to the concert series the orchestra is a welcome guest at numerous events and projects.
- born 1962
• State Kapellmeister and youth consultant for the Vienna Brass Band Association
• Head of the SJBO Vienna, Kapellmeister of the “Vienna Police Music” and the musical society of Leopoldau
• Studies at the Vienna Conservatory with the major tuba and the minor classic and jazz. Next to the major in education, the minor e-bass. Participant of numerous international master classes.
• Studies with Thomas Doss – direction of the ensemble with an emphasis on brass music – graduation of numerous conductor master classes
• Guest conductor with numerous orchestras, jury member and subject specialist for different seminars, soloist, guest musician with many Vienna based orchestras and theatres as well as participant and head of countless ensembles, big bands and other formations.
|Susanne Zabl||Tonnen -- Weise|
|Daniel Muck||Wizard Ouvertüre|
|Viola Falb||Treffen in der Wirklichkeit|