Orchestrai Shedari Kurdistan
The Kurdish String Orchestra was founded in 2006. It comprises musicians from all parts of the Kurdistan-Region of Iraq, many of them are young graduates from the Institutes of Fine Arts of Sulaimanya, Erbil and Dohuk.
Some of the musicians performed (and still perform) for the Sleman String Orchestra and the Iraqi National Symphony Orchestra. (Due to the difficult political situation in Iraq musicians of various orchestras in Iraq have to join forces in order to be able to give concerts). One of the highlights was a joint performance of the Iraqi National Symphony Orchestra with the Kennedy National Symphony Orchestra in Washington/USA in 2003.
The repertoire comprises works of Mozart, Haydn, Tchaikovsky, Schostakovitsch and works of traditional Kurdish composers.
Nabaz Hama Rasheed Abu Bakir
2004-2005 concertmaster in National Chamber Orchestra Sulaimanya
2003 participation in the Iraqi National Symphony Orchestra and the Kennedy National Symphony Orchestra in a concert in Washington/USA, awarded an honour certificate
2001-2005 Working as a teacher at the Department of Music of the Institute of Fine Arts (Sulaimanya)
Participation as a solist in "Zigeunerweisen" (Pablo de Saraste)
Presentation of Antonio Vivaldi, "Spring" of the Four Seasons
1994-1998 Studied violin at the Department of Music at the Institute of Fine Arts (Sulaimanya)
During the studies participation in the following activities:
* In 1998 presentation of Felix Mendelsson, Violin concerto Op. 64 (Allegro molto appassiato) as a graduation research
* In 1998 presentation of Ludwig van Beethoven, Romance for violin and piano in FM Op. 50
* In 1997 presentation of Wolfgang A. Mozart, Violin concerto No. 4 in DM. K. 218, Allegro
* In 1996 presentation of Georg Friedrich Händel, sonata for violin and piano in FM
* Participation in all annual festivals held by the Institute of Fine Arts
W. A. Mozart: Divertimento in F-Dur, KV 138, 1. Satz, Allegro
Z. Qaradaghy: "Kurdish Dance No. 1"
E. Mirzoyan: "Shushanic"
W.A. Mozart: "Eine kleine Nachtmusik", KV 525, 1. Satz