Important information for families & friends of the ensembles in Europe
Our aim is to provide families & friends following their ensembles independently in Europe with information which will help you to experience the SCL festival in the best possible way.
If you would like to attend the performance of a certain ensemble you can easily look up the schedule of the festival once we publish it on this site (usually one or two month prior to the Festival).
Please see all festival inclusions in more detail below:
Generally the dress code for all events differs according to the venue.
Opening Ceremony in St. Stephen's Cathedral: As St. Stephen's Cathedral is a church, clothing should be chosen accordingly (e.g. no shorts or strapless tops).
Conductor's Dinner: No dress code applies. As the conductors' meeting takes place immediately after the opening ceremony, no change of clothes is possible or required.
Gala Winners' Concert in the Great Hall of the Konzerthaus: The Konzerthaus does not officially require a certain dress code. Considering the festive occasion, we would however suggest smart casual (no shorts, t-shirts). Suits and evening gowns are not required but are also appropriate. Overcoats, bags, rucksacks and umbrellas must be left at the Konzerthaus cloakrooms for security reasons.
Farewell / Closing Ceremony: See Konzerthaus. No change of clothes required.
All other events: For all other events and venues no dress code applies.
General Information on tickets for / attendance of festival performances for non-performers:
- Opening ceremony including a lecture in St. Stephen’s Cathedral (this event is free of charge, but due to limited space availability reservation is needed) – Subject to reconfirmation
- Two workshops at the University of Music (this event is free of charge, but due to limited space availability reservation is needed and subject to reconfirmation by the artistic office of the festival)
- Two additional concerts in or around Vienna (generally they are free of charge, but due to limited space availability reservation is needed)
The performances outside Vienna are often difficult to reach for individual travellers - reservation is needed
Tickets for additional concerts at MuTh will be available online!
- Competition or celebration: one performance in front of a jury or without a Jury in the Golden Hall of the Musikverein (this event is free of charge, but due to limited space availability reservation is needed)
- A performance during the Gala Winners’ Concert in the Great Hall of the Konzerthaus (the best groups as selected by the jury will play highlights from their program). You may purchase tickets online. (We publish a link as soon as it is available.)
- Closing ceremony at the Vienna City Hall. Admissions to the City Hall are restricted to participants only.
Please remember: No photo or video equipment is allowed in the Musikverein and Konzerthaus. This is not festival policy but a requirement of the halls. Our staff is instructed to act accordingly. However, festival photographers will be present at both venues and the photos taken will be forwarded to all participants after the festival. These photos are not for commercial use.