• The opening ceremony held in St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Austria’s landmark and a symbol of Austrian identity
• Workshops and seminars held in the University of Music in Vienna, one of the largest arts universities in the world
• The competition and the Celebration held in the Golden Hall of the Musikverein and/or in the Great Hall of the Konzerthaus
Music lovers throughout the world know the Musikverein as the center of Viennese musical culture, as the focus of the international concert circuit and as the Eldorado of classical music.
For a stage plan of the Musikverein, please click here: Stage Plan for Orchestras & Bands, Stage Plan for Choirs
• The Gala Winner’s concert, held in the sold out Konzerthaus.
In the heart of the Konzerthaus (which consists of more than 600 rooms) lies the Konzerthaus’s flagship, the Grosser Saal (Great Hall). Designed with a sense of space and classical balance, its stage has provided the setting for many memorable concerts over the years. In this room, artists, audiences and atmosphere blend into a harmonious triad.
Home to world-famous orchestras, virtuoso soloists, renowned conductors and legendary jazz musicians, the Great Hall can accommodate an audience of 1,800 and offers the perfect venue for a wide variety of musical activity.
• The closing ceremony held in the magnificent Festival Hall of Vienna’s City Hall, hosted by the Lord Mayor of Vienna