Application to the SCL festival is open to young musicians of all nations below the age of 26. A maximum of 10% of the participants may be between 26 and 30 years of age. Conductors and piano players accompanying the choirs are not subject to the age limit.
The application deadline is the 15th of February of the festival year. Due to a limited capacity, Via Musica strongly recommends registration as soon as possible.
As outlined below, the registration procedure consists of the following chronological steps:
The application to the Festival must contain the following materials.
|Until 15th of February of the festival year||At the latest by the 15th of April of the festival year|
|• Application form and music repertoire filled out completely
• CD or DVD recording (live or studio) of the performing group with a minimum of 3 works, not older than 4 years
• Short biography (in English) of the performing group and the conductor (max. 1 page/ Word file)
• High resolution colour photos of the performing group and the conductor (Tiff, Bitmap or Jpeg)
• Five original conductor scores each of the freely selected works performed in the Competition
• Data sheet for the individual participants
• Stage Plan indicating the location of the instruments and the group members
The materials required within the registration deadline (15th of February) as well as photos and the data sheet may be sent electronically (application form by fax). All other materials are to be sent via postal mail. Promotional material (i.e. logos) is welcome but not compulsory. Please note that apart from four conductor scores (of the selected works), documents will not be returned.
For details on the musical program and the compulsory pieces please see the program for choirs, bands, orchestras and special performance groups.
Applications and materials are to be sent to the artistic director of the SCL Festival:
Mr. Juergen Partaj
The registration fee per group and category is € 250.-. This amount is due on registration and is non-refundable.
The participating group will subsequently be presented with a package fee, which includes all services as shown below. For payment of the package fee until the 31st of October an early bird fee applies. The total early bird package fee contains a reduction of € 30.- per participant.
Please note that due to organizational reasons the participants are required to cooperate with the authorised festival travel partner.
The package fee includes the following services:
• Travel, board and lodging for the 4 days of the festival
• Organization costs for the following festival services, that are not subsidized by public or private sponsors: